Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on August 6th. In the last seven days, Dogecoin has traded down 3.7% against the U.S. dollar. One Dogecoin coin can currently be purchased for $0.0700 or 0.00000302 BTC on major exchanges. Dogecoin has a total market cap of $9.29 billion and approximately $283.28 million worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.94 or 0.00021290 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $61.41 or 0.00264539 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000785 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded up 35.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00006190 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00000990 BTC.
- ConstitutionDAO (PEOPLE) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0357 or 0.00000154 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000817 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0038 or 0.00000017 BTC.
- Presearch (PRE) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0855 or 0.00000368 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0128 or 0.00000055 BTC.
Dogecoin Coin Profile
Dogecoin (DOGE) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was December 8th, 2013. Dogecoin’s total supply is 132,670,764,300 coins. Dogecoin’s official Twitter account is @dogecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Dogecoin is /r/dogecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Dogecoin’s official website is dogecoin.com.
Dogecoin Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dogecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Dogecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dogecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.