XRP (XRP) traded 0.4% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on May 21st. XRP has a total market cap of $19.94 billion and approximately $791.49 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One XRP coin can currently be bought for $0.41 or 0.00001407 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. In the last seven days, XRP has traded down 1.6% against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitsubishi (BITSU) traded 65.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3,774.66 or 0.12876213 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003407 BTC.
- JUMPN (JST) traded up 432.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00001686 BTC.
- Wrapped Cardano (WADA) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.53 or 0.00001798 BTC.
- Enegra (EGX) (EGX) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $147.72 or 0.00503897 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2,947.45 or 0.07417648 BTC.
- PLC Ultima (PLCU) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $54,111.82 or 1.84587570 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10.00 or 0.00034126 BTC.
- Gateway Protocol (GWP) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.59 or 0.00008834 BTC.
- Wrapped TRON (WTRX) traded 3.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0739 or 0.00000252 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.