Avalanche (AVAX) traded up 1.7% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on May 21st. In the last seven days, Avalanche has traded down 8.2% against the US dollar. One Avalanche coin can now be purchased for approximately $29.62 or 0.00100659 BTC on exchanges. Avalanche has a total market cap of $7.97 billion and approximately $440.44 million worth of Avalanche was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Cronos (CRO) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000641 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6.05 or 0.00020565 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00001465 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000343 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $91.56 or 0.00311110 BTC.
- Helium (HNT) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $8.09 or 0.00027494 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded up 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.74 or 0.00009310 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $5.62 or 0.00012724 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0664 or 0.00000226 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000391 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets. Avalanche can confirm transactions in under one second, supports the entirety of the Ethereum development toolkit, and enables millions of independent validators to participate as full block producers (Avalanche had over 1,000 full, block-producing nodes on its Denali testnet). In addition to supporting transaction finality under one second, Avalanche is capable of throughput orders of magnitude greater than existing decentralized blockchain networks (4,500+ transactions/second) and security thresholds well-above the 51% standards of other networks. AVAX is the capped supply native token of the Avalanche platform. Participants can become full block-producers and validators by staking AVAX and are incentivized to do so because of staking rewards. Fees for all sorts of operations on the network are paid out in AVAX through burning, thus increasing the scarcity of AVAX for all token holders. On September 2020, Avalanche announced the launch of its mainnnet. “
Avalanche Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Avalanche directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Avalanche should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Avalanche using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Avalanche Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Avalanche and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.