Filecoin (FIL) traded down 3.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM ET on May 14th. Filecoin has a total market cap of $1.79 billion and approximately $331.66 million worth of Filecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Filecoin has traded 33.2% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Filecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $8.70 or 0.00029004 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- JUMPN (JST) traded down 25.9% against the dollar and now trades at $64.64 or 0.00181864 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003329 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00001413 BTC.
- Wrapped Cardano (WADA) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.53 or 0.00001753 BTC.
- Enegra (EGX) (EGX) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $158.08 or 0.00526940 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 3.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11.18 or 0.00037284 BTC.
- PLC Ultima (PLCU) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $59,819.15 or 1.99403318 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2,947.45 or 0.07417648 BTC.
- Mad Viking Games (MVG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $1.41 or 0.00004735 BTC.
- Gateway Protocol (GWP) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.56 or 0.00008546 BTC.
Filecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Filecoin is a decentralized storage network that turns cloud storage into an algorithmic market. The market runs on a blockchain with a native protocol token (also called “Filecoin”), which miners earn by providing storage to clients. Conversely, clients spend Filecoin hiring miners to store or distribute data. Filecoin miners compete to mine blocks with sizable rewards, but Filecoin mining power is proportional to active storage, which directly provides a useful service to clients. “
Buying and Selling Filecoin
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Filecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Filecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Filecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Filecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Filecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.