Tezos (CURRENCY:XTZ) traded 2.3% lower against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 23:00 PM ET on June 20th. Tezos has a market cap of $2.53 billion and approximately $78.61 million worth of Tezos was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Tezos coin can now be purchased for approximately $2.98 or 0.00008570 BTC on major exchanges. During the last seven days, Tezos has traded down 8.1% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Terra (LUNA) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.67 or 0.00016324 BTC.
- Dimension Chain (EON) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00001074 BTC.
- Adshares (ADS) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00001307 BTC.
- Umbrella Network (UMB) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00000719 BTC.
- Apex (CPX) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0057 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Golos Blockchain (GLS) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0020 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Luna Coin (LUNA) traded 7.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0059 or 0.00000017 BTC.
- The Smokehouse (SMOKE) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0031 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Crypxie (CPX) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.35 or 0.00009372 BTC.
- CenterPrime (CPX) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $7.64 or 0.00021365 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Tezos is a new decentralized blockchain that governs itself by establishing a true digital commonwealth. It facilitates formal verification, a technique that mathematically proves the correctness of the code governing transactions and boosts the security of the most sensitive or financially weighted smart contracts. Tezos takes a fundamentally different approach to governance by creating governance rules for stakeholders to approve of protocol upgrades that are then automatically deployed on the network. When a developer proposes a protocol upgrade, they can attach an invoice to be paid out to their address upon approval and inclusion of their upgrade. This approach provides a strong incentive for participation in the Tezos core development and further decentralizes the maintenance of the network. It compensates developers with tokens that have immediate value rather than forcing them to seek corporate sponsorships, foundation salaries, or work for Internet fame alone.Our block explorer data below is freely provided by tzstats.com. WARNING: Regarding HitBTC XTZ futures. HitBTC does not allow short-selling their futures; only previous purchasers of the futures can sell them. This means that the price is likely significantly higher than the price that would be determined by a market that allows short-selling, which would be more indicative of the true market value of XTZ “
Buying and Selling Tezos
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Tezos directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tezos should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Tezos using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tezos Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tezos and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.