Media coverage about Hudson’s Bay (TSE:HBC) has trended somewhat positive this week, InfoTrie Sentiment reports. The research group ranks the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than six thousand blog and news sources in real time. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to positive five, with scores nearest to five being the most favorable. Hudson’s Bay earned a media sentiment score of 1.67 on their scale. InfoTrie also assigned media headlines about the company an news buzz score of 2 out of 10, indicating that recent press coverage is very unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the news stories that may have effected Hudson’s Bay’s analysis:
- Special Committee of the Board of Hudson’s Bay Provides Additional Information Regarding Background to Proposed Privatization Transaction (leaderpost.com)
- Special Committee of the Board of Hudson’s Bay Provides Additional Information Regarding Background to Proposed Privatization Transaction (finance.yahoo.com)
- Ortelius Files Lawsuit Against Hudson’s Bay Company and Richard Baker Over Proposed Privatization Transaction (businesswire.com)
- Hudson’s Bay shareholder files lawsuit to block privatization bid (theglobeandmail.com)
- Ortelius Files Lawsuit Against Hudson’s Bay Company and Richard Baker Over Proposed Privatization Transaction (tmcnet.com)
Several analysts have recently issued reports on the company. CIBC decreased their price objective on Hudson’s Bay from C$10.75 to C$10.25 in a report on Friday, September 13th. National Bank Financial raised shares of Hudson’s Bay from a “tender” rating to a “sector perform” rating and raised their target price for the company from C$9.45 to C$10.50 in a report on Friday, September 13th.
Hudson’s Bay (TSE:HBC) last posted its earnings results on Thursday, September 12th. The company reported C($0.93) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of C($0.73) by C($0.20). The firm had revenue of C$1.85 billion for the quarter. As a group, analysts anticipate that Hudson’s Bay will post -0.49 EPS for the current year.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay Company owns and operates department stores in Canada and the United States. Its stores offers fashion apparels, accessories, cosmetics, and home products. The company operates its stores under the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, Home Outfitters, Galeria Kaufhof, Galeria INNO, and Sportarena names.
See Also: How to Invest in Growth Stocks
Receive News & Ratings for Hudson's Bay Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hudson's Bay and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.