XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 0.5% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM ET on October 21st. In the last week, XRP has traded down 0.1% against the US dollar. One XRP coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.29 or 0.00003578 BTC on exchanges including Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Cryptohub, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway) and BtcTurk. XRP has a total market capitalization of $12.71 billion and approximately $1.58 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00012240 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $18.22 or 0.00221716 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 18.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $113.10 or 0.01376501 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0637 or 0.00000775 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0155 or 0.00000189 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded up 10.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.75 or 0.00033474 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $7.45 or 0.00090658 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0381 or 0.00000379 BTC.
- INO COIN (INO) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00022310 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
XRP Coin Trading
XRP can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitinka, Koinex, Vebitcoin, Exmo, Coindeal, Upbit, Bitbank, HitBTC, CEX.IO, Ripple China, Altcoin Trader, Gatehub, BitFlip, Braziliex, Sistemkoin, Coinhub, Zebpay, WazirX, Bitstamp, C2CX, Bitfinex, Kraken, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Bithumb, Coinsquare, GOPAX, Cryptohub, Ovis, FCoin, BitMarket, CoinFalcon, OTCBTC, BX Thailand, Kuna, Bitso, Fatbtc, Bits Blockchain, Stellarport, DragonEX, ZB.COM, Korbit, Tripe Dice Exchange, Gate.io, Poloniex, BCEX, Coinbe, Coinsuper, Exrates, Bitbns, CoinBene, Cryptomate, Binance, Huobi, Indodax, CoinEgg, BTC Markets, LakeBTC, Covesting, Bitsane, Independent Reserve, Bitlish, Bittrex, Coinone, BTC Trade UA, LiteBit.eu, Liquid, B2BX, OKEx, OpenLedger DEX, MBAex, RippleFox, ABCC, BtcTurk, Coinrail, DigiFinex, Instant Bitex, BitBay, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway) and Koineks. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.