XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on August 30th. During the last seven days, XRP has traded 6.9% lower against the dollar. XRP has a market capitalization of $11.02 billion and $982.82 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. One XRP coin can currently be purchased for about $0.26 or 0.00002671 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Instant Bitex, Kraken, Coinone and RippleFox.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010428 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.23 or 0.00231576 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $128.63 or 0.01340104 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0623 or 0.00000649 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0156 or 0.00000162 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.80 or 0.00018776 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8.77 or 0.00091400 BTC.
- Atlantis Blue Digital Token (ABDT) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.12 or 0.00022114 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0388 or 0.00000405 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: ZB.COM, DragonEX, Koineks, Instant Bitex, Binance, Bitbank, B2BX, Covesting, BitFlip, BtcTurk, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Coindeal, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), OKEx, Braziliex, Bitfinex, ABCC, Cryptomate, Exmo, CEX.IO, Coinbe, Bitstamp, BTC Markets, Kuna, RippleFox, C2CX, CoinEgg, Independent Reserve, Gate.io, CoinFalcon, Coinsuper, GOPAX, Bitlish, LakeBTC, HitBTC, CoinBene, Coinone, Coinhub, BitBay, Altcoin Trader, Bithumb, Sistemkoin, BCEX, LiteBit.eu, FCoin, Bittrex, Ripple China, Indodax, Huobi, OpenLedger DEX, Coinsquare, Korbit, Zebpay, Exrates, Stellarport, Bitso, Bits Blockchain, Bitinka, MBAex, Bitsane, Liquid, Poloniex, BX Thailand, BitMarket, Ovis, Fatbtc, BTC Trade UA, Vebitcoin, Koinex, DigiFinex, OTCBTC, Kraken, WazirX, Bitbns, Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinrail, Gatehub, Upbit and Cryptohub. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.