Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 3.3% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on March 14th. During the last seven days, Zcash has traded 5.1% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for about $53.19 or 0.01354894 BTC on exchanges including C2CX, Ovis, Coinroom and Cryptohub. Zcash has a total market capitalization of $324.33 million and approximately $233.21 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $13.29 or 0.00338487 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6.21 or 0.00158142 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00016137 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.06 or 0.00026908 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0020 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0929 or 0.00002365 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0761 or 0.00001945 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0564 or 0.00001438 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Instant Bitex, Exmo, Altcoin Trader, Bitfinex, BigONE, Gemini, CEX.IO, CoinEx, LBank, OKEx, BitBay, HitBTC, Crex24, BTC Trade UA, Bit-Z, Liquid, BiteBTC, LocalTrade, Coinrail, BCEX, Upbit, Allcoin, Ovis, BX Thailand, Cryptohub, Bithumb, Bitinka, Bitlish, Coinut, OTCBTC, Braziliex, Mercatox, YoBit, GOPAX, Sistemkoin, Cryptopia, Kraken, Graviex, Poloniex, Coinroom, Cryptomate, Kuna, Bittrex, Tux Exchange, WEX, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Trade Satoshi, Binance, C2CX, LiteBit.eu, Huobi and CoinExchange. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.