Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of CarMax (NYSE: KMX) in the last few weeks:
- 1/7/2019 – CarMax was upgraded by analysts at Buckingham Research from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/2/2019 – CarMax was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 12/24/2018 – CarMax had its price target lowered by analysts at Wedbush from $87.00 to $70.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 12/24/2018 – CarMax was upgraded by analysts at Guggenheim from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/20/2018 – CarMax had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 12/19/2018 – CarMax had its price target lowered by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $67.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 12/14/2018 – CarMax was given a new $87.00 price target on by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/26/2018 – CarMax was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/16/2018 – CarMax was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
Shares of KMX opened at $64.99 on Monday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.93, a current ratio of 2.50 and a quick ratio of 0.52. The stock has a market capitalization of $11.16 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 17.56, a P/E/G ratio of 0.99 and a beta of 1.46. CarMax, Inc has a 52 week low of $55.24 and a 52 week high of $81.67.
CarMax (NYSE:KMX) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Friday, December 21st. The company reported $1.09 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.00 by $0.09. The business had revenue of $4.30 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $4.33 billion. CarMax had a return on equity of 23.26% and a net margin of 4.30%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 4.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.81 earnings per share. As a group, research analysts anticipate that CarMax, Inc will post 4.73 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Large investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the stock. CWM LLC grew its position in shares of CarMax by 266.0% during the third quarter. CWM LLC now owns 1,442 shares of the company’s stock worth $108,000 after purchasing an additional 1,048 shares in the last quarter. Livingston Group Asset Management CO operating as Southport Capital Management purchased a new stake in shares of CarMax during the third quarter worth about $123,000. JNBA Financial Advisors grew its position in shares of CarMax by 3,526.9% during the third quarter. JNBA Financial Advisors now owns 1,886 shares of the company’s stock worth $141,000 after purchasing an additional 1,834 shares in the last quarter. Federated Investors Inc. PA purchased a new stake in shares of CarMax during the second quarter worth about $189,000. Finally, Qube Research & Technologies Ltd purchased a new stake in shares of CarMax during the second quarter worth about $190,000.
CarMax, Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the United States. The company operates in two segments, CarMax Sales Operations and CarMax Auto Finance. It offers customers a range of makes and models of used vehicles, including domestic, imported, and luxury vehicles; vehicles that do not meet its retail standards to licensed dealers through on-site wholesale auctions; and extended protection plans to customers at the time of sale.
Further Reading: Is the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) still relevant?
Receive News & Ratings for CarMax Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CarMax Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.