XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 1.3% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on November 4th. One XRP coin can now be bought for $0.46 or 0.00007253 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, Cryptohub, Coinsuper and Bitstamp. XRP has a market cap of $18.57 billion and approximately $376.01 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, XRP has traded 0.8% higher against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00003791 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.97 or 0.00015174 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0232 or 0.00000365 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $9.62 or 0.00151027 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $16.63 or 0.00261142 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0104 or 0.00000163 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $626.93 or 0.09844619 BTC.
- 0x (ZRX) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.79 or 0.00012432 BTC.
- IOStoken (IOST) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0396 or 0.00000526 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00004543 BTC.
XRP Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitBay, BitFlip, Bitfinex, Coinone, Bitlish, Indodax, Huobi, Braziliex, Bitbank, C2CX, CEX.IO, Kraken, Instant Bitex, BCEX, Altcoin Trader, Bitstamp, Koineks, CoinBene, Bitbns, Coinrail, HitBTC, BX Thailand, GOPAX, Tripe Dice Exchange, Fatbtc, WazirX, Independent Reserve, OKEx, Gatehub, Bitinka, Cryptohub, OpenLedger DEX, Bitsane, Sistemkoin, BTC Trade UA, B2BX, RippleFox, Ripple China, Bittrex, DigiFinex, Zebpay, Exmo, Coinhub, Coinbe, ABCC, BTC Markets, Stellarport, Binance, FCoin, Bithumb, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), OTCBTC, Ovis, Bits Blockchain, Poloniex, MBAex, Gate.io, Koinex, BtcTurk, BitMarket, Kuna, Upbit, Vebitcoin, LakeBTC, Cryptomate, CoinFalcon, Coinsuper, LiteBit.eu, CoinEgg, Coindeal, Exrates, ZB.COM, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Coinsquare, Liquid, Korbit, Bitso and DragonEX. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.