Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 4.2% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on March 14th. Litecoin has a market cap of $9.36 billion and approximately $419.62 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for about $168.23 or 0.01920230 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Livecoin, Cryptomate, Qryptos and Bit-Z. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 12.7% against the US dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0350 or 0.00000399 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0038 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004051 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00005172 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00007440 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.51 or 0.00017197 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 56.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004078 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.60 or 0.00029758 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0884 or 0.00001012 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0979 or 0.00001117 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: AEX, Exrates, Tux Exchange, HitBTC, BTC Markets, Bisq, Abucoins, RippleFox, Liqui, BITHOLIC, BTC-Alpha, OKCoin.cn, Coinroom, Bitstamp, GOPAX, Bits Blockchain, BCEX, Gatecoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bithumb, CoinExchange, Tripe Dice Exchange, CoinEx, Waves Decentralized Exchange, ZB.COM, QuadrigaCX, Bitso, The Rock Trading, CoinFalcon, BitMarket, VirtacoinWorld, TDAX, Gate.io, Huobi, Coinrail, Braziliex, Koinex, Bit2C, NIX-E, Cryptox, ChaoEX, Poloniex, Coinhouse, LocalTrade, Coinut, Cryptopia, Koineks, OkCoin Intl., Bit-Z, Qryptos, Coinone, Coinsquare, Coinbene, LiteBit.eu, BitGrail, Bleutrade, Bitbank, Allcoin, Bibox, SouthXchange, Mercatox, CoolCoin, Binance, DSX, BTC Trade UA, Bitinka, GDAX, BitFlip, Cryptomate, Negocie Coins, CryptoBridge, Altcoin Trader, Trade Satoshi, COSS, WEX, Bittylicious, OKEx, TOPBTC, BX Thailand, CoinsBank, BitKonan, Coingi, C-CEX, Kraken, Mr. Exchange, YoBit, Bittrex, Dgtmarket, Bitmaszyna, CoinEgg, Mercado Bitcoin, Bitfinex, Tidex, Livecoin, BigONE, EXX, Koinim, OpenLedger DEX, xBTCe, FreiExchange, Bitsane, Bitlish, Kucoin, RightBTC, Exmo, Stocks.Exchange, BitBay, Upbit and BtcTrade.im. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.