Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 1.3% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 13:00 PM E.T. on March 11th. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $2.16 billion and $282.43 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 27.5% against the dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for about $21.50 or 0.00227011 BTC on exchanges including xBTCe, CoinFalcon, CoinExchange and YoBit.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,460.87 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $723.52 or 0.07638150 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,118.49 or 0.11807900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $190.13 or 0.02007230 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $278.08 or 0.02935640 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11.67 or 0.00123249 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $84.36 or 0.00890575 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $306.40 or 0.03234610 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.52 or 0.00026597 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitinka, Kucoin, TOPBTC, BtcTrade.im, Mr. Exchange, Tidex, Bithumb, COSS, Coinnest, BTCTurk, Bitcoin Indonesia, WEX, Coinone, BigONE, DSX, Qryptos, Coinsquare, Coinut, HitBTC, Livecoin, OKEx, Bibox, GDAX, Bitso, CoinFalcon, Korbit, Upbit, Gatehub, Koineks, YoBit, Coinrail, Binance, Lbank, BTC Markets, ChaoEX, GOPAX, Coinbene, RightBTC, Koinex, Bitstamp, QuadrigaCX, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Allcoin, Gatecoin, Cobinhood, bitFlyer, CoinExchange, ACX, EtherDelta, EXX, Gate.io, Gemini, Kraken, BitBay, BitGrail, Tidebit, ZB.COM, Independent Reserve, CoinEgg, CEX.IO, Cryptopia, Bit-Z, Liqui, Bancor Network, Huobi, Bitbank, Mercatox, Poloniex, Quoine, xBTCe, Exmo, BX Thailand and CoolCoin. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.