Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 15th. Tether has a market capitalization of $2.23 billion and $3.26 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Tether has traded down 1.7% against the dollar. One Tether token can now be bought for about $1.00 or 0.00010211 BTC on popular exchanges including Huobi, EXX, Cryptopia and Kraken.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.13 or 0.00011503 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00004608 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $122.36 or 0.01243920 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.08 or 0.00021189 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0466 or 0.00000474 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 21% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.45 or 0.00055391 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 11.5% against the dollar and now trades at $10.83 or 0.00110131 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $25.78 or 0.00262041 BTC.
- RChain (RHOC) traded 8.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.24 or 0.00022730 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002322 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, Exmo, Bitfinex, Kucoin, OKEx, Huobi, Cryptopia, Binance, Gate.io, Coinbene, Kraken, Upbit, Bibox, Bittrex, HitBTC, Coinut, Poloniex, ZB.COM, EXX and Liqui. It is not presently possible to buy Tether directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.