Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA) in the last few weeks:
- 12/13/2017 – Ambarella had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $60.00 to $65.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 12/7/2017 – Ambarella was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/5/2017 – Ambarella was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $61.51 price target on the stock.
- 12/1/2017 – Ambarella had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 12/1/2017 – Ambarella had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC.
- 11/22/2017 – Ambarella had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $52.00.
- 11/3/2017 – Ambarella had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 11/1/2017 – Ambarella was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Video compression and image processing semiconductors developer, Ambarella has outperformed the industry in the past three months. We remain encouraged by the company’s efforts toward expanding its reach in other markets, such as IP security, automotive, non-GoPro wearable and drones/flying cameras and simultaneously lower dependency on GoPro. Nonetheless, the company’s disappointing guidance for the forthcoming quarter as well as downbeat revenue outlook for fiscal 2018 makes us increasingly cautious about its near-term prospect. The company faces three main challenges, the risk of losing its largest customer, GoPro; weakness in the drone market and increasing threat from QUALCOMM, which is acquiring NXP Semiconductors to build its presence in the same space. “
Ambarella Inc (NASDAQ AMBA) traded down $1.05 on Monday, hitting $56.51. The stock had a trading volume of 1,118,400 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,035,276. Ambarella Inc has a 12 month low of $40.06 and a 12 month high of $65.39. The company has a market capitalization of $1,882.18, a PE ratio of 53.82, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 5.47 and a beta of 1.57.
Ambarella (NASDAQ:AMBA) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, November 30th. The semiconductor company reported $0.75 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.67 by $0.08. Ambarella had a return on equity of 7.87% and a net margin of 11.51%. The company had revenue of $89.06 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $89.41 million. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $1.11 earnings per share. Ambarella’s revenue for the quarter was down 11.4% compared to the same quarter last year. analysts predict that Ambarella Inc will post 0.7 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Ambarella, Inc offers semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD), video capture, sharing and display. The Company operates through the development and sale of low-power, high-definition video products segment. Its system-on-a-chip designs incorporate HD video processing, image processing, audio processing and system functions onto a single chip.
Receive News & Ratings for Ambarella Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ambarella Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.