A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU):
- 11/10/2017 – Prudential Financial was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 11/10/2017 – Prudential Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.
- 11/8/2017 – Prudential Financial had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $114.00. They wrote, “We hosted investor meetings in Toronto with Prudential Financial on November 7. From PRU were Mark Grier, Vice Chairman, and Mark Finkelstein, SVP and Head of Investor Relations. The meetings came on the heels of PRU reporting strong Q3 earnings. We came away from the meetings with a better appreciation for PRU’s ability to identify themes and execute business plans to monetize those themes. We are raising our target price to $120 from $114 to reflect a higher multiple (1.3x) applied against our estimate of 12-month forward book value per share (excluding accumulated other comprehensive income). Prudential doesn’t feel a need to restructure. Earlier this year, MET spun out its US retail life and annuity businesses into a new announced similar steps or have been reported to consider doing so, which we view to be a proximate cause of the “great restructuring” company, Brighthouse.””
- 11/6/2017 – Prudential Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley.
- 11/3/2017 – Prudential Financial had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $119.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/2/2017 – Prudential Financial had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $123.00 to $124.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 10/18/2017 – Prudential Financial is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The). They set a “neutral” rating and a $114.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/17/2017 – Prudential Financial was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $103.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/16/2017 – Prudential Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $121.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/10/2017 – Prudential Financial was upgraded by analysts at FBR & Co from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $117.00.
- 10/10/2017 – Prudential Financial was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $122.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of the company outperformed the industry in a year’s time. Moreover, the company saw its 2017 and 2018 estimates move north in the last 60 days. Prudential Financial remains well poised for growth on the back of its high performing asset management business, international operations and deeper reach in the pension risk transfer market. It strives to build leadership position in the pension risk transfer market. Expanded international presence provides it with better organic growth opportunities than peers. Also, a strong balance sheet and efficient capital management are tailwinds. It now expects ROE between 12% and 13% in the near to intermediate-term. However, exposure to low interest rates, unfavorable currency impact and regulatory control remain headwinds.”
- 10/5/2017 – Prudential Financial had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $118.00 to $123.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) opened at $110.22 on Thursday. The company has a current ratio of 0.13, a quick ratio of 0.13 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.34. Prudential Financial, Inc. has a 1 year low of $96.71 and a 1 year high of $115.26. The stock has a market capitalization of $46,826.56, a P/E ratio of 10.67, a P/E/G ratio of 1.25 and a beta of 1.56.
Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, November 1st. The financial services provider reported $3.01 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $2.71 by $0.30. Prudential Financial had a return on equity of 9.51% and a net margin of 7.71%. The business had revenue of $13.36 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $12.24 billion. During the same period last year, the company earned $2.66 EPS. analysts predict that Prudential Financial, Inc. will post 10.38 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, insider Nicholas C. Silitch sold 44,860 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, November 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $111.77, for a total transaction of $5,014,002.20. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 27,927 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,121,400.79. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, EVP Charles F. Lowrey sold 44,630 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, November 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $111.91, for a total value of $4,994,543.30. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 79,354 shares in the company, valued at $8,880,506.14. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.66% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Prudential Financial, Inc, is a financial services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers a range of financial products and services, which includes life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. The Company’s operations consists of four divisions, which together encompass seven segments.
Receive News & Ratings for Prudential Financial Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Prudential Financial Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.