A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Ventas (NYSE: VTR):
- 11/15/2017 – Ventas was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Ventas have underperformed the industry it belongs to, year to date. Moreover, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for current-year funds from operations (FFO) per share was revised downward in a month’s time. Notably, rising supply of senior housing assets is likely to moderate rent and occupancy growth. Moreover, this healthcare REIT has opted for considerable property disposition in recent times to improve its portfolio mix and lower exposure to skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). Particularly, in August, the company completed the sale of 22 SNFs and subsequent to the third quarter, it sold another seven SNFs. Such efforts are a strategic fit for long-term growth, but the company cannot bypass the near-term dilutive impact on earnings. Further, interest rate hike remains a concern for the company. Nevertheless, the company has a diversified portfolio and rising healthcare spending as well as aging population offer scope for long-term growth.”
- 10/30/2017 – Ventas was upgraded by analysts at Capital One Financial Co. from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 10/29/2017 – Ventas was given a new $67.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/27/2017 – Ventas was given a new $62.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 10/18/2017 – Ventas had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Ventas had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $69.00 to $66.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/25/2017 – Ventas is now covered by analysts at Capital One Financial Co.. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2017 – Ventas was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $71.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $72.00.
- 9/17/2017 – Ventas had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR) opened at $64.38 on Thursday. The company has a quick ratio of 1.46, a current ratio of 1.46 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.06. Ventas, Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $57.97 and a fifty-two week high of $72.36. The firm has a market cap of $23,289.55, a PE ratio of 15.68, a PEG ratio of 4.22 and a beta of 0.08.
Ventas (NYSE:VTR) last posted its earnings results on Friday, October 27th. The real estate investment trust reported $0.44 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.04 by ($0.60). Ventas had a return on equity of 6.34% and a net margin of 32.96%. The firm had revenue of $899.90 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $893.18 million. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $1.03 EPS. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 3.8% compared to the same quarter last year. research analysts expect that Ventas, Inc. will post 4.15 earnings per share for the current year.
Ventas, Inc is a real estate investment trust (REIT) with its properties located throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The Company operates through three segments: triple-net leased properties, senior living operations and office operations. Under its triple-net leased properties segment, the Company invests in and owns seniors housing and healthcare properties throughout the United States and the United Kingdom and leases those properties to healthcare operating companies under triple-net or absolute-net leases that obligate the tenants to pay all property-related expenses.
Receive News & Ratings for Ventas Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ventas Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.