Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Energizer Holdings (NYSE: ENR) in the last few weeks:
- 11/13/2017 – Energizer Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Energizer reported strong fourth quarter fiscal 2017 results with both earnings and revenues beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Strength in battery business coupled with strength across all geographies led to a strong quarterly performance. Energizer is one of the leading names in the global batteries and lighting products business. The company’s battery business generates over majority of the revenues. Acquisition of HandStands diversified its portfolio by including brands like Refresh Your Car!, California Scents and Eagle One. Acquisition and strong product portfolio will continue to drive top line. Energizer also has a strong shareholder returns plan in place, which is an added positive. On a year-to-date basis, the stock has relatively performed better than the industry.”
- 11/10/2017 – Energizer Holdings had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $54.00 to $52.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/9/2017 – Energizer Holdings had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $53.00 to $50.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 11/8/2017 – Energizer Holdings had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “ENR delivered a quality 4Q EPS beat ($0.54 vs. Street $0.49) on org sales growth of 7.5% (3% ex-hurricane benefit) and better GM %, partially offset by higher A&P and 3-cents of hurt from below the line items. Initial FY18 outlook, including low-single-digit org sales growth and EPS of $3.00-$3.10 (vs. Street $3.04) is in-line. Shares should recover some of recent losses and FY18 outlook suggests LT algo. remains intact despite AMZN worries, at least for now. High quality 4Q beat, partially driven by hurricane upside: ENR’s 4Q sales of $465M came in +6.5% ahead of Street est. on +7.5% organic sales growth (vs. Street/ JEF +1.5%/+3.8%), partially owing to the hurricanes during the qtr (+4.5 pt benefit), int’l distribution gains, and the timing of holiday activity. Notably, even ex-the hurricane benefit, which we do not believe was properly modeled by consensus, ENR’s 3% adjusted org sales result was still quite good in the qtr., particularly given relatively soft results across much of consumer staples in CY3Q. GM % was better (+135 bps) than Street expectations (46.0% vs. 44.6%), resulting in a ~10% gross profit beat, which, combined with higher total SG&A % (32.3% vs. Street 31.6%), including higher A&P spending (9.7% vs. JEF 8.3%), resulted in better than expected OM % in the qtr (13.7% vs. 13.0%) and a +12% OI beat. ENR’s 4Q EPS of $0.54, which was negatively impacted by $0.03 from below-the-line items vs. our model, exceeded Street/JEF est. of $0.49/$0.50.””
- 10/30/2017 – Energizer Holdings is now covered by analysts at Off Wall Street. They set a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 10/17/2017 – Energizer Holdings was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Energizer is one of the leading names in the global batteries and lighting products business. The company’s battery business generates over 90% of the revenues. Acquisition of HandStands diversified its portfolio by including brands like Refresh Your Car!, California Scents and Eagle One. Acquisition and strong product portfolio will continue to drive top line. Energizer also has a strong shareholder returns plan in place, which is an added positive. On a year-to-date basis, the stock has outperformed the industry it belongs to. Notably, the company has positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters.”
- 10/16/2017 – Energizer Holdings was given a new $55.00 price target on by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR) traded down $0.32 during trading on Wednesday, reaching $43.88. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 890,600 shares, compared to its average volume of 726,516. The company has a quick ratio of 1.21, a current ratio of 1.75 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 11.50. Energizer Holdings, Inc. has a twelve month low of $40.64 and a twelve month high of $60.07. The company has a market capitalization of $2,736.22, a P/E ratio of 14.83, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.47 and a beta of 0.55.
Energizer Holdings (NYSE:ENR) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, November 8th. The company reported $0.54 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.48 by $0.06. Energizer Holdings had a return on equity of 291.65% and a net margin of 11.48%. The business had revenue of $465.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $437.36 million. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.54 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 7.5% compared to the same quarter last year. equities analysts expect that Energizer Holdings, Inc. will post 3.05 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, CFO Timothy W. Gorman acquired 5,500 shares of Energizer Holdings stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, August 18th. The stock was bought at an average price of $41.43 per share, for a total transaction of $227,865.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief financial officer now owns 14,674 shares in the company, valued at $607,943.82. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, CFO Timothy W. Gorman acquired 6,300 shares of Energizer Holdings stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, August 22nd. The shares were purchased at an average price of $42.26 per share, with a total value of $266,238.00. Following the transaction, the chief financial officer now owns 20,974 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $886,361.24. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. Insiders bought 23,912 shares of company stock valued at $994,086 in the last 90 days. Company insiders own 1.73% of the company’s stock.
Energizer Holdings, Inc is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of household batteries, specialty batteries and lighting products. The Company is a designer and marketer of automotive fragrance and appearance products. It operates through four geographic segments: North America, which consists of the United States and Canada; Latin America, which includes its markets in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and South America; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia Pacific, which consists of its markets in Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Receive News & Ratings for Energizer Holdings Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Energizer Holdings Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.