Media coverage about Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GALT) has been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. Accern identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Galectin Therapeutics earned a news sentiment score of 0.17 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news stories about the company an impact score of 47.9108341390568 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the media headlines that may have effected Accern’s rankings:
- Galectin Therapeutics CEO Peter G. Traber, MD Named Chair of the Anti-Fibrotic Drug Development Summit 2017 – GlobeNewswire (press release) (globenewswire.com)
- Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Says Combination Immunotherapy of Pembrolizumab with its Inhibitor GR-MD-02 Shows … – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
- Galectin Therapeutics Inc. (GALT) Given Average Recommendation of “Hold” by Brokerages (americanbankingnews.com)
- The objective response rate in advanced melanoma was 62.5% (five of eight subjects) (nasdaq.com)
- Combination Immunotherapy of Pembrolizumab with the Galectin-3 Inhibitor GR-MD-02 Shows Promising Early Results in Treatment of Advanced Melanoma from a Phase 1b Clinical Trial (finance.yahoo.com)
Shares of Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ GALT) opened at $2.85 on Tuesday. Galectin Therapeutics has a 52-week low of $0.81 and a 52-week high of $3.68.
A number of analysts have issued reports on the company. Roth Capital assumed coverage on Galectin Therapeutics in a report on Thursday, October 19th. They issued a “buy” rating and a $8.00 target price on the stock. Seaport Global Securities reiterated a “buy” rating and issued a $5.00 price objective on shares of Galectin Therapeutics in a research report on Friday, October 6th. Zacks Investment Research downgraded Galectin Therapeutics from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Tuesday, July 18th. Finally, ValuEngine upgraded Galectin Therapeutics from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report on Thursday, September 28th. One equities research analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, two have given a hold rating and three have issued a buy rating to the company. The company has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $4.63.
Galectin Therapeutics Company Profile
Galectin Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in drug research and development to create therapies for fibrotic disease and cancer. The Company’s drug candidates are based on its method of targeting galectin proteins, which are mediators of biologic and pathologic functions.
Receive News & Ratings for Galectin Therapeutics Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Galectin Therapeutics Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.