Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Western Union Company (The) (NYSE: WU) in the last few weeks:
- 10/15/2017 – Western Union Company (The) had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/12/2017 – Western Union Company (The) had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $19.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/5/2017 – Western Union Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Western Union’s strategic investments in new products, services and technology are likely to pave the way for long-term growth. Relentless focus on expansion of customer base, creation of digital infrastructure to boost the electronic channels business should also fuel growth. The company’s wide agent network and strong international business are also impressive. In last one year, the stock has underperformed the industry. Nevertheless, the stock has seen the Zacks Consensus Estimate for current-year earnings being revised 3% upward over the last 60 days. The company is faced with increasing competition, high compliance costs, global headwinds and foreign exchange volatility..”
- 10/2/2017 – Western Union Company (The) was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/1/2017 – Western Union Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of Western Union Company (NYSE WU) opened at 19.70 on Wednesday. Western Union Company has a 12-month low of $18.39 and a 12-month high of $22.70. The firm has a market capitalization of $9.14 billion, a P/E ratio of 50.64 and a beta of 1.20. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $19.12 and a 200 day moving average price of $19.25.
Western Union Company (The) (NYSE:WU) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, August 3rd. The credit services provider reported $0.50 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.42 by $0.08. The company had revenue of $1.38 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.37 billion. Western Union Company (The) had a return on equity of 92.41% and a net margin of 3.50%. The business’s revenue was up .2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.44 EPS. Equities analysts anticipate that Western Union Company will post $1.77 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other news, EVP John David Thompson sold 23,500 shares of Western Union Company (The) stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, August 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $20.12, for a total value of $472,820.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 129,650 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,608,558. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. 1.10% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
The Western Union Company (Western Union) is a provider of money movement and payment services. The Company operates through three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business and Business Solutions. The Company’s Consumer-to-Consumer segment facilitates money transfers between two consumers, primarily through a network of third-party agents.
Receive News & Ratings for Western Union Company (The) Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Western Union Company (The) and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.